Use automation to scale up services and manage growing demand
The Big Picture
A consulting company, providing services to card issuers, acquirers, and retailers across the globe, wanted to systematically scale up its services to manage fast growing demand. Its approach of delivering bespoke consulting engagements on an individual customer basis involved heavy manual data processing, limiting its reach to service and engage all players in the market.
To solve this problem, it was necessary to build a scalable solution out of its standard services by bringing data, consulting, domain expertise, and visualization all together. This would allow for the creation of a visually-engaging delivery platform for consultants across the globe with predetermined recommendations ready to offer their clients.
A solution suite of scaled data products was developed to service end-clients based on the consulting company’s in-house data and technologies. It was designed with scale and a wide range of global clients in mind, and leveraged process automation to reduce the dependencies on manual effort for refreshes.
Each solution in the suite was developed in a phased manner, refining the product features and outputs at each stage. Phases included design and development, go-to-market, enhancement with additional features, and operationalization. The solution enabled the client to scale up and engage with multiple markets and end-clients in a short time-frame, through data products based on an in-house data repository.
As a result, the company saw multiple benefits:
- Greater data-driven, standardized insights and recommendations to end-clients across different engagements.
- Powerful visualizations, helping clients understand and dig deeper into their own data to uncover new trends and insights.
- Faster go-to-market times (60%-80% time savings across different solutions).
- 100% adoption by the consultants to deliver all solutions to more clients, therefore increasing their coverage within the market.
- Scalable approach to quickly expand the company’s product portfolio.
- Design thinking and visual storytelling were leveraged to create engagement for consultants during delivery.
- Automation of manual tasks wherever possible.