- Implementation including loading from disparate data sets, preprocessing using Hive and Pig.
- Manage the technical communication between the team and client
- Work with big data team to deliver cutting edge solutions
- 2-5 years of demonstrable experience designing technological solutions to complex data problems, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those solutions.
- Ideally, this would include work on the following technologies:
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: R, C++ or Python (preferred). Scala knowledge a strong advantage.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Hadoop 2.0 (YARN; MR & HDFS) and associated technologies — one or more of Hive, Sqoop, Avro, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc..
- Hands-on experience with Apache Spark and its components (Streaming, SQL, MLLib) is a strong advantage.
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, especially EMR, EC2, S3, SWF services and the AWS CLI)
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks
- In addition, the ideal candidate would have great problem-solving skills, and the ability & confidence to hack their way out of tight corners.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree