Founded in 2000, Fractal Analytics is a strategic analytics partner to the most admired Fortune 500 companies globally and helps them power every human decision in the enterprise by bringing analytics and AI to the decision. Fractal Analytics has a 1000+ member team across 12 global locations including the United States, UK and India and has been recently featured as a “Hot Artificial Intelligence (AI)” company by Forbes. Fractal has also been recognized as “Cool Vendor in Analytics” and a “Vendor to watch” by Gartner.
The Principal Big-Data Engineer is a professional with experience in managing and scaling big data engagements, extensive knowledge of big data tools, techniques, and methodology, and building/managing a team. The responsibilities involve designing, developing and implementing big data and analytics solutions to solve industry-specific business problems. He/she leads multiple client projects and is responsible for examining and implementing the latest advancements in big data analytics tools, practices and techniques to deliver greater results. The ideal person is a thought leader in the Data engineering, ideally in Insurance (both P&C and Healthcare), Technology, Media, and/or Telecommunications domain and has proven track record of consulting and delivering multiple complex initiatives related to data strategy while building a managing a team.
- Work across multiple client projects that require developing and implementing big data analytics solutions
- Provide thought leadership across multiple projects, accounts, and industries
- Work closely with Industry Practice leaders (Insurance, Healthcare, Technology, Media, Telecom) and sales personnel, identify opportunities and drive conversations
- Create consulting sales stories, project plans and showcase Fractal capabilities in potential client discussions
- Work closely with clients to understand analysis needs and jointly evaluate and institutionalize new big data and analytical methods and techniques
- Work with onsite Engagement Managers and offshore delivery teams to ensure successful service delivery and client satisfaction
- Review project deliverables and guide team members from big data consulting and analytics methodology perspective
- Solve problems of large dimensionality in a computationally efficient and statistically effective manner
- Oversee testing of various descriptive and predictive analytics, and text mining solutions / models on Big data platforms, and operationalize the develop models for ongoing scoring and prediction
- Collaborate with client teams to effectively integrate and communicate analysis and findings
- Advise Fractal analysts on use of appropriate big data and analytics tools, techniques and frameworks
- Evaluate emerging technologies that may contribute to Fractal’s analytical platforms
- Building marketing collaterals for Insurance specific solutions and share learnings across practices
- Build a team and provide mentoring to the team members
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience in technology focused roles, including designing, developing and testing modular, efficient and scalable code implemented in Big data and analytics environment as well as in enterprise data management platforms
- Expert level proficiency in at least one of Python (preferred), Scala, Java (preferred) or C++
- Minimum 4 years of working (development) experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Hadoop 2.0+ (YARN; MR & HDFS) and associated technologies — one or more of Sqoop, Avro, Flume, Oozie, Zookeeper, etc..
- Hands-on coding experience with Apache Hive, Apache Spark and its components or similar (Streaming, SQL, MLLib)
- Operating knowledge of cloud computing platforms (AWS, especially EMR, EC2, S3, SWF services and the AWS CLI)
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks
- Ability to work in a team in an agile setting, familiarity with JIRA and clear understanding of GIT repository
- Manage client deliverables, communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Excellent communication skills to be able to effectively translate and articulate the findings to technology, analytics and business stakeholders
B.E / B.Tech. / B.S. in Computer Science or advanced degree in related technical domain. Advanced degrees preferred but not required.