S/He will be expected to deliver an analytics engagement at client location independently. This will include problem solving, hypothesis testing, advanced analysis, creating models & solutions and compelling visualizations to make the solutions scalable and easily understood. The Senior consultant will collaboratively work along with senior engagement managers & lead a team of analysts and data scientists across the globe.
Position expectations in detail:
- Solve business problems & develop business solution: Use problem solving methodologies to propose creative solutions to solve business problem. Recommend design and develop state-of-the-art data driven analysis using statistical & advanced analytics methodologies to solve business problems. Develop models & recommend insights. Form hypothesis and run experiments to gain empirical insights and validate hypothesis. Identify and eliminate possible obstacles and identify alternative creative solution.
- Project management: Lead at least one client engagement independently. Execute end to end client engagements. Ensure regular client updates & meetings, stakeholder management, any failure or risk analysis of the project, data sources, tracking execution & success metrics is done effectively & efficiently.
- Client relationship management: Build deep client relationship, network & be a thought partner. Anticipate business problems & deliver par excellence.
- Sales support & account growth: Actively focus on opportunities to grow the client along with the senior engagement manager. Support the sales team as required for RFPs and regular sales pitches
- Firm building: Contribute to firm growth by participating and conducting training sessions. Also, participate in other activities which make Fractal an employer of choice.
- Coaching & grooming: Coach & groom the team on gaining knowledge & skills on first principles of analytics techniques, problem solving, project management, client relationship management & team work skills. Conduct regular reviews with team members.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Over all experience of 5 to 6 yrs with at least 3 to 4 years of hands on experience in running data analytics projects
- Knowledge of data conversion strategy, capturing data, creating source to target definitions for ETL/ data flow process, data quality and data base management
- Expertise in SQL /R/SAS & advanced analytics/Statistics Techniques such as general linear model, ANOVA, decision trees, linear regression, Bayesian etc
- Knowledge of any one visualization tool such as Tableau, Spotfire or equivalent
- Problem solving, Project management and communication skills & Creative thinking
- High learning orientation & agility
- Attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Experience in processing and synthesising large data sets
- Ability to think on his/her feet and engage with both the business and analytical community
- Ability to adapt with ambiguity in cross functional environment
- Good to have: Experience Big data tolls such as Hadoop, Hive, Impala and Python
- Graduate in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operational research, Information Science, Engineering, Statistics. (MS or MBA preferred)
- Certification in any R, SAS,SQL, Visualization Tools, Machine Learning, Bayesian and/or Regression etc. (Preferred)