Founded in 2000, Fractal Analytics is a strategic analytics partner to the most admired Fortune 500 companies globally and helps them power every human decision in the enterprise by bringing analytics and AI to the decision. Fractal Analytics has a 1000+ member team across 12 global locations including the United States, UK and India and has been recently featured as a “Hot Artificial Intelligence (AI)” company by Forbes. Fractal has also been recognized as “Cool Vendor in Analytics” and a “Vendor to watch” by Gartner.
As a Data Scientist, you solve complex challenges and identify new opportunities using a combination of analytical expertise, business acumen, strategic thinking, and project and relationship management skills.
- Integrate and mine large data sets, connecting data from disparate sources to identify insights and patterns using predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning techniques
- Conduct intermediate and advanced statistical analysis, such as linear regression, ANOVA, time-series analysis, classification models, neural networks, decision trees, as well as analysis of unstructured data (e.g., social media listening, digital footprints, speech analytics)
- Prepare and present written and verbal reports, findings, and presentations to key stakeholders, distilling complex statistical information into easy-to-understand business language
- Apply knowledge of U.S. businesses and corporate groups and relevant industry knowledge to analysis and insights
- Manage project budgets and timelines, ensuring times and on-budget completion
- Experience analyzing large data sets using statistical software, such as SAS, R, Python, and SPSS, to discover new business insights
- Excel and PowerPoint a must. SQL Programming and experience of at least one DBMS such as IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server or Sybase are required. Java strongly desired
- Prior experience with building models, analyzing unstructured data, and/or machine learning
- Relevant academic experience and work experience in Statistics, with exposure to data structures and data visualization
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a quantitative discipline plus a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience, or bachelor’s degree plus 5 years work experience
- Well developed written and oral communication skills, with ability to present and explain data to business manager
- Strong project management skills / experience managing projects, budgets, and schedules to successful completion
- Some prior exposure to financial services, Telecom or insurance industry desired