We are seeking a strong candidate with data science experience to fill a new and exciting Senior Data Scientist position as an embedded representative of Fractal on the Client’s Data Science team. In this role, you will design and build analytics methodologies, solutions, and products to deliver value to our clients in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
Our client is a Fortune 100 retail client based out of Bentonville, AR. We are working with their enterprise analytics group and other business partners to identify and deliver against both immediate and long-term growth opportunities.
- Conceptualize, design and develop high-quality solutions and insightful analyses using advanced AIML techniques
- Conduct research and prototype innovations; data and requirements gathering; solution scoping and architecture; consulting clients and client-facing teams on advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies
- Hands-on delivery AIML based solutions around a host of problems in retail industry
- Be a trusted thought leader & partner for client’s AIML needs
- Coaching & grooming the team on the latest developments in the field of data science
- Author, publish & present data science specific white papers/articles in industry leading journals & conferences
- 100% traveling required.
- 6+ years of overall experience working with data science methodologies & techniques
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as dimensionality reduction, clustering, linear/logistic regression, Bayesian methods, time series modeling, parametric modeling (SEM, GLM, GLMM, etc.), tree-based learners (RF, GBM, XGBOOST, CATBOOST, etc.), neural networks (ANN, CNN, RNN, etc.),
- MS/Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline: computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, management of information systems, engineering, or equivalent
- Expert-level proficiency in R/Python with intermediate- to expert-level proficiency in SQL
- Proven track record of discovering effective solutions to complex problems. Ability to break a problem into small problems and think of relevant techniques that can be explored & used to address them. Strong skills in data structures and algorithms
- Exhibits a passion for learning and the ability to be adaptable and quickly learn and apply new languages, tools, and platforms
Good to Have
- Experience working in enterprise risk and compliance / loss prevention / fraud within Retail