Enhancing equitable educational outcomes for disadvantaged children
- At Fractal, we believe that all children have a right to high quality basic education. That this access to education is among the important first steps towards breaking out of inter-generational poverty. We seek to help disadvantaged children resident in the urban slums of Mumbai, Bengaluru and Gurugram by supporting our carefully chosen CSR partners. We contribute financial aid, volunteering hours and organizational best practices to our CSR partners. The Fractal CSR team maintains proximity to our CSR projects and facilitates collaboration between volunteer teams and Fractal’s CSR partners to enhance desired outcomes.
- Along with our partners, we address some of the key barriers to delivering quality education – by funding schools located near or within the communities where school age children are resident, better equipping classrooms with learning aids, sponsorship of well-trained and committed teaching staff and by designing volunteering opportunities that provide high quality beyond community exposure to students of our partner schools.
Empowering women to be financially independent
- Empowering women to augment their family income, increase their share of family income or increase their savings towards desired goals almost always benefits an entire family unit. At Fractal, we actively encourage procurement of company supplies, mementoes and giveaways from collectives run by women for the upliftment of the economically disadvantaged. Regular CSR bazaars held at various office locations encourage lady artisans, entrepreneurs to exhibit and connect with potential customers amongst our colleagues. Some such collectives have included women weavers from Madhya Pradesh, sustainable textile and stationery manufacturers from Karnataka, upcycled paper product manufacturers from Tamil Nadu. The Fractal CSR bazaars are popular and anticipated events that often symbolize the beginning of shopping for festive occasions amongst Fractal colleagues.
- Fractal’s work with its CSR partners also sees it contribute towards skill enhancement and financial inclusion of lady employees in the educational institutions supported by Fractal.
Improving quality & affordability of healthcare, radiological expertise and provision of safe housing solutions
- Over the last few years the convergence of Big Data and technology have posed an interesting question – whether organizations can leverage Big Data for social impact. At Fractal, we are committed to using our expertise in Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to help our CSR partners achieve better outcomes and create greater social impact.
- Our deep expertise in AI (our solutions in healthcare imaging data and beyond), Machine Learning (discovering interconnectedness) and Analytics (our expertise in converting raw data into illuminating insights) also lend well to our ‘problem-solver’ volunteering track at Fractal. We continue to identify and address potential areas of collaboration with our experienced CSR partners.
Our CSR initiatives focus on creating shared value through creative partnerships that address specific social challenges.
As an entrepreneur in the 80s, I chose to start my own business because of the sheer determination to follow my passion for baking. At a time when it was virtually unheard of for women to start their own venture, I decided it was now or never and took a leap of faith in myself.
My advice for budding entrepreneurs would be to face your fears, believe in yourself because although the challenges may seem large and many, you will find innovative ways to overcome all obstacles.
My experience with Fractal has been positively wonderful. I am so grateful to be able to partner with such a supportive and inclusive company and work with a highly focused team.
- Alpa Cake and Candy
For the last few years we have been producing thousands of notebooks made out of paper collected from schools and offices of Auroville. On the cover there is a design describing step by step the process of how the notebook was made. So the children of Auroville and our clients are aware how we re-used this paper in a sustainable way. Keeping this in mind, we conduct 2-day paper making workshops during which participants learn the art of paper making and how to re-use their waste.
Auroville Paper is a place that gives its employees a clean environment, promotes their economic and social progress, and encourages their sense of responsibility and creative capacities. 73% of these employees are women coming from the surrounding villages.
We feel honored to be associated with Fractal CSR, an enterprise with an understanding of today’s world and who gives back to the community its innovative tools, for a world that is constantly changing.
- Luisa Meneghetti Auroville Papers
The association with Fractal has been an enriching one indeed. Fractal provided VIDYA with the flexibility in terms of presenting program funding options and the relationship was always mutually fulfilling one. The Fractal volunteers were always dedicated and very humble. The feedback that we have received during the course of this association has been very valuable and has helped us improve our reporting and program delivery.
- Team Vidya
Our love for all things earth friendly, Indian and innovative is what drives us to do what we do at The Giving Tree. We help our clients feel special by creating bespoke gifts that speak the language of appreciation and warmth. We had an opportunity to participate in the Christmas Bazaar at Fractal Analytics last month. In this time of online shopping and a huge influx of machine made cheap products from outside the country, Fractals’ initiative to go the earth friendly way and bring together a plethora of handmade products together is a great sign. This CSR has been in a direction that empowers us to showcase our products to an appreciative audience and that is the biggest thrill for entrepreneurs like us.
- Leena Munot Co-Founder, The Giving Tree
DEEDS Vision is to make a better life for the Deaf & Mission is to make 20000 Deaf financially self reliant and contributors in society by the end of this decade. In pursuance of our vision and mission, we have set up many skill training projects in Mumbai which are conducted free for the Deaf. We take part in Exhibitions and CSR Bazaars because this is one major way of reaching out to the discerning public on what DEEDS is all about and the products that are exhibited and sold in these Bazaars are made by the Deaf. The encouragement and interest that we receive at Bazaars like yours gives us and the Deaf individuals adequate motivation and enthusiasm to do even better.
- Pratibha K. Rao Chief Operating Officer, DEEDS Public Charitable Trust
Being a woman, life expects so much more than managing a home round the clock, or balancing a work – home life. There are new solutions each day to make our lives easier, yet the space of meals lacks a product which supports our inherent culture of eating fresh. Burgundy Box is a bid to create a product line which promotes eating fresh and healthy, be it from our ready to eat line or from our innovative meal kits, empowering women to serve fresh and healthy meals for their families with utmost convenience. It was helpful for us to showcase and explain our products at a forum like the Fractal CSR Bazaar. We hope this can help your employees as well. Thank you so much for your support.
- Shabnam S. Mehra Co-Founder & Director Culinary Cart Pvt. Ltd. Burgundy Box
We felt supported by Fractal’s contribution and we would also like to do such activity anytime. It was a great experience sharing nature conservation activities with Fractal executive. They were supportive and wanted to know about BNHS conservation work. We had also spoken regarding small ideas, on how they can help saving nature.
- BNHS Officials BNHS
Consider myself fortunate for getting the opportunity to be a part of CSR Bazaar at Fractal. It was an enriching experience that further strengthened my sense of gratitude for all the day today privileges that we tend to take for granted. Thanks to our CSR organizers. Good luck & look forward to future events
- Chinmayi Kolala Fractal Analytics volunteer
This is the second year of SSK participating in the Fractal CSR Bazaar. We thank the company for extending all support towards the sale of our training products made at the Vocational Skills Training Centre. Our experience was good and positive. The event is well organised and our staff are well taken care of. This was an opportunity to create awareness about the services of our institution.
- The Spastics Society of Karnataka
Thu, Jun 14
World Blood Donor Day
Tue, Jun 12
World Day Against Child Labour
Fri, Jun 08
World Oceans Day
Thu, May 17
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
Sat, Mar 24
World TB Day
Wed, Mar 21
World Down Syndrome Day
Thu, Mar 8
International Women’s Day
Sat, Mar 3
World Wildlife Day
Sun, Feb 11
International Day of Women and Girls in Science
Sun, Feb 4
World Cancer Day
Thurs, Jan 25
Community Sanitation Drive
Sun, Jan 21
Tata Mumbai Marathon
Head, Corporate Social Responsibility
Chetana helms the corporate social responsibility program at Fractal, where she is helping shape the strategy for leveraging Fractal’s strength in analytics and artificial intelligence to create greater social impact. She is known for her attention to design and detail, sophisticated execution, and meticulous administration of projects. With a passion for technology and medicine, she is especially interested in leveraging technology to fine tune the impact of corporate social responsibility initiatives. An active public speaker since her days as a student, she also enjoys building her trainer’s muscle during volunteer sensitization programs.