Finance functions have evolved significantly over the last few years, keeping pace with the digital transformation trends, impacting businesses significantly. The ability of finance functions to connect and support other varied enterprise functions, including Operations, Sales, HR, etc., has led to it becoming the guiding partner to top management.
As finance functions move towards an enterprise-wide integration linking it with multiple aspects of business across functions, corporate leaders are now seeking inputs from this team for more informed and effective decision-making. With finance function at the center of business, other processes can now envisage multiple business scenarios, assess the optimal ways to respond to each scenario, and run simulations to model and manage the related risks.
At Fractal, we bring together multiple capabilities into a single solution empowering enterprises to make better financial decisions, drive end-to-end operational improvements, improve productivity and ensure enhanced compliance.
Applying AI to Finance Analytics
AI empowers our Finance Analytics, thereby contributing strategically to improve business outcomes through improved revenues, reduced costs, plugged potential losses, and identified cash opportunities.
We aim to harness the untapped yet immense potential that finance & accounting can bring by using Artificial Intelligence and ensuring the cultural shift.
Here's how we deliver great Finance Analytics solutions, helping enterprises to capture multiple AI opportunities effectively:
Deliver smart financial solutions, with the customer at the center of all decisions.
Focus on unlocking efficiencies across functions with the help of finance complemented by AI & ML
Simplicity in practice
A practical and straightforward approach to all actions that deliver a seamless experience.
With AI's advanced predictive capability, future financial planning will get the attention and precision it deserves.
Deliver the ‘best in class’ financial analytics to fuel business goals & ambitions for the post-pandemic world.
An agile finance function to drive agility in financial planning and processes, helping adapt to the ever dynamic business scenarios.
AI will drive intelligent automation across finance functions, integrating multiple embedded systems.
Ethical AI will be the guiding factor in ensuring sustainable businesses that are truly successful in the future.
FP&A is the backbone of the financial management system of every organization, and we at Fractal bring in the expertise to help face the economic challenges of the rapidly changing world due to globalization and technology advancement.
We use AI-ML, robotics, design, and cloud-based engineering to help CFO organizations plan, forecast, budget, and perform other analytical activities to measure the organization’s overall health and support in major business decisions.
Below are our offering in this section:
- Strategic Financial Planning – Predictive and driver-based planning through cross-collaboration across functions/departments to support strategic business decisions.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Continuous budgeting cycles to deal with the dynamic market conditions using rolling forecasts and driver-based projections.
- Variance Analysis – Better planning and control by analyzing how business performance is getting impacted, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Financial Consulting – Creating strategic value by delivering pragmatic solutions to clients’ basis their financial situations.
- Performance Monitoring and Analytics – Aggregating multitude of data and delivering analytical, diagnostic & prescriptive reports providing clear insights and conclusions.
How can finance use meaningful data intelligence to provide real-time decision support across multiple functions in an organization? How do we enable finance to become a strategic business partner from just being record keepers and data custodians?
Through integrated finance, we break silos between functions and bring synergies for analytical support to uncover the in-depth insights business needs for future planning and guide more profitable decision-making.
Below are our offering in this section:
- Spend Analytics – Analyzing expenditure data to reduce sourcing costs, vendor rationalization, optimize operational costs and improve overall cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Transformations/CoE – Driving end to end financial transformations by developing best practices, knowledge base and ways of working.
- Working Capital Optimization – Leveraging receivables management, payables management & inventory management to ensure sufficient cash flows for meeting short-term financial obligations.
- Profitability Analysis – Helping decision-makers to maximize their profits and the financial opportunities that they can take advantage of.
- Financial Forecasting – Providing business direction by enabling understanding of what drives business, basis consumer demands, and market trends.
Fractal’s Finance Analytics uses data engineering, advance data science, and visualization tools to create a system for continuous control and monitoring with automated reviews of financial statements, governance and control, return on investments and other activities where controllers are involved.
AI-ML solutions and automation bring in speed, accuracy, and efficiency to an organization’s accounting and financial reporting. We help organizations with interactive self-service applications with cognitive insights and futuristic views.
- Balance Sheet Management – Forming greater visibility behind what’s driving account balances & their full financial implications.
- P/L Management – Transforming decision-making process by providing the capability to observe, certify and make judgments on P/L.
- Record to Report – Reimagining record to report process using RPA and advance analytics enables automated, faster, and error-free books closure.
- Governance, risk, and compliance – Enforcing financial processes and procedures to ensure integrity in day-to-day business practice.
- Cost Management & Optimization – Enabling continuous discipline to drive cost reduction while maximizing business value.
Fractal’s Finance Analytics leverages sensitivity/scenario analysis and data science to help businesses make effective decisions even with uncertain internal and external environments, making treasury and risk management more future-oriented. These future-focused views across multiple time horizons help organizations prepare better to manage any downside risk and hedge accordingly.
- Fraud Detection – Identifying and preventing false pretenses through real-time tracking of financial transactions, systems, and practices.
- Financial Auditing – Assuring & maintaining ‘stakeholders’ confidence about the authenticity of financial systems, processes, and reports.
- Risk analytics – Utilizing real-time information & cutting-edge technologies to measure and manage financial risk across key parameters.
- Forex Analysis – Predictive analytics and early warning systems to assist businesses to anticipate and prepare for market movements and trends.
- Cash Flow Management – Reports to spot trends, prepare for the future and tackle any organization’s cash flow problems.
3 min. read
A brand creates $500MM opportunity by applying advanced analytics to “Order to Cash”
The Big Picture A CPG major in the US struggled with low cash flow and delays in realizing payments. Disparate data sources, multiple local reports, and a lack of analytical approach caused the organization to have a...
2 min. read
Optimizing Order to Cash Model leads to 15% improvement in cash flow
A holistic machine learning tool turns around the inefficiencies of an O2C model to optimize and improve working capital management and decision-making. Big Picture A Fortune 500 CPG giant approached Fractal with an...
3 min. read
Re-engineering balance sheet for optimized financial management
Insightful design and thorough analytics re-engineer balance sheets for optimized financial management. This is how fintech drives better decisions. Big Picture Digital transformation enhances financial management by...
3 min. read
Better decisions for business with margin analytics
How data analytics helped identify a single source of truth to alleviate the profit margin leakages of a CPG giant. The secret lies in granular analysis. The Big Picture The most distinct aspect of data analytics is...
The best way to build transparency within finance departments regarding AI adoption and use is to ensure that every aspect of the process from the relationship to production to ongoing maintenance is as clear and open as possible. Find the challenges around intelligent Account Receivables (AR) management in place of the organization’s profitability and the possible solutions to enhance it. Download the Fractal whitepaper to find more. Order to cash made smarter with optimized strategies for your business. Optimizing your OTC processes through AIML interventions to improve profitability and growth.
Enabling AI Transparency in Financial Analytics
Working Capital Optimization via Receivables Management
Intelligent Collections: Order-to-cash collections powered by AI/ML
Transforming order to cash using advanced analytics
The best way to build transparency within finance departments regarding AI adoption and use is to ensure that every aspect of the process from the relationship to production to ongoing maintenance is as clear and open as possible.
Find the challenges around intelligent Account Receivables (AR) management in place of the organization’s profitability and the possible solutions to enhance it. Download the Fractal whitepaper to find more.
Order to cash made smarter with optimized strategies for your business.
Optimizing your OTC processes through AIML interventions to improve profitability and growth.
Global Finance Analytics Leader
Shipra heads the Finance Analytics practice at Fractal. A leading practitioner in the industry with over 14 years of experience, she has worked across CPG, Energy, OEMs, Tech, and Telecom. Her core expertise lies in evangelizing and developing programs and capabilities around financial planning & forecasting. Her strengths include working capital optimization, pricing & margin analytics, treasury and forex, global controllership, and cash flow management.
In the last 3-4 years, she has been driving financial digital transformation at Fortune 500 companies. She works closely with CFOs and finance executives to build integrated financial systems, leveraging cloud computing and AIML techniques.