Keeping pace with the digital transformation trends, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) has evolved significantly over the last few years, thereby significantly impacting businesses. The ability of FP&A to connect and support varied enterprise functions, including finance, Operations, Sales, HR etc, has led to FP&A becoming the guiding partner to top management. As FP&A moves towards an enterprise-wide integration function linking finance with multiple aspects of business across different functions, corporate leaders are now seeking inputs from finance teams for more informed and effective decision making. With the help of FP&A at the center of business, different functions can now envisage multiple business scenarios, assess the optimal ways to respond to each scenario, and run simulations to model and manage the related risks.
At Fractal, we bring together multiple capabilities into a single solution empowering enterprises to make better financial decisions, drive end-to-end operational improvements, improve productivity and ensure enhanced compliance.
Applying AI to FP&A
AI empowers our FP&A, thereby contributing strategically to improve business outcomes through improved revenues, reduced costs, plugged potential losses, and identified cash opportunities.
We aim to harness the untapped yet immense potential that finance & accounting can bring by using Artificial Intelligence and ensuring the cultural shift.
Here's how we deliver great FP&A solutions, helping enterprises to capture multiple AI opportunities effectively:
Deliver smart financial solutions, with the customer at the center of all decisions.
Focus on unlocking efficiencies across functions with the help of finance complemented by AI & ML
Simplicity in practice
A practical and straightforward approach to all actions that deliver a seamless experience.
With AI's advanced predictive capability, future financial planning will get the attention and precision it deserves.
Deliver the ‘best in class’ financial analytics to fuel business goals & ambitions for the post-pandemic world.
An agile FP&A function to drive agility in financial planning and processes, helping adapt to the ever dynamic business scenarios.
AI will drive intelligent automation across finance functions, integrating multiple embedded systems.
Ethical AI will be the guiding factor in ensuring sustainable businesses that are truly successful in the future.
FP&A is the backbone of the financial management system of every organization, and we at Fractal bring in the expertise to help face the economic challenges of the rapidly changing world due to globalization and technology advancement.
We use AI-ML, robotics, design, and cloud-based engineering to help CFO organizations plan, forecast, budget, and perform other analytical activities to measure the organization’s overall health and support in major business decisions.
Below are our offering in this section:
- Strategic Financial Planning – Predictive and driver-based planning through cross-collaboration across functions/departments to support strategic business decisions.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Continuous budgeting cycles to deal with the dynamic market conditions using rolling forecasts and driver-based projections.
- Variance Analysis – Better planning and control by analyzing how business performance is getting impacted, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Financial Consulting – Creating strategic value by delivering pragmatic solutions to clients’ basis their financial situations.
- Performance Monitoring and Analytics – Aggregating multitude of data and delivering analytical, diagnostic & prescriptive reports providing clear insights and conclusions.
How can finance use meaningful data intelligence to provide real-time decision support across multiple functions in an organization? How do we enable finance to become a strategic business partner from just being record keepers and data custodians?
Through integrated FP&A, we break silos between functions and bring synergies for analytical support to uncover the in-depth insights business needs for future planning and guide more profitable decision-making.
Below are our offering in this section:
- Spend Analytics – Analyzing expenditure data to reduce sourcing costs, vendor rationalization, optimize operational costs and improve overall cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Transformations/CoE – Driving end to end financial transformations by developing best practices, knowledge base and ways of working.
- Working Capital Optimization – Leveraging receivables management, payables management & inventory management to ensure sufficient cash flows for meeting short-term financial obligations.
- Profitability Analysis – Helping decision-makers to maximize their profits and the financial opportunities that they can take advantage of.
- Financial Forecasting – Providing business direction by enabling understanding of what drives business, basis consumer demands, and market trends.
‘Fractal’s FP&A uses data engineering, advance data science, and visualization tools to create a system for continuous control and monitoring with automated reviews of financial statements, governance and control, return on investments and other activities where controllers are involved.
AI-ML solutions and automation bring in speed, accuracy, and efficiency to an organization’s accounting and financial reporting. We help organizations with interactive self-service applications with cognitive insights and futuristic views.
- Balance Sheet Management – Forming greater visibility behind what’s driving account balances & their full financial implications.
- P/L Management – Transforming decision-making process by providing the capability to observe, certify and make judgments on P/L.
- Record to Report – Reimagining record to report process using RPA and advance analytics enables automated, faster, and error-free books closure.
- Governance, risk, and compliance – Enforcing financial processes and procedures to ensure integrity in day-to-day business practice.
- Cost Management & Optimization – Enabling continuous discipline to drive cost reduction while maximizing business value.
‘Fractal’s FP&A leverages sensitivity/scenario analysis and data science to help businesses make effective decisions even with uncertain internal and external environments, making treasury and risk management more future-oriented. These future-focused views across multiple time horizons help organizations prepare better to manage any downside risk and hedge accordingly.
- Fraud Detection – Identifying and preventing false pretenses through real-time tracking of financial transactions, systems, and practices.
- Financial Auditing – Assuring & maintaining ‘stakeholders’ confidence about the authenticity of financial systems, processes, and reports.
- Risk analytics – Utilizing real-time information & cutting-edge technologies to measure and manage financial risk across key parameters.
- Forex Analysis – Predictive analytics and early warning systems to assist businesses to anticipate and prepare for market movements and trends.
- Cash Flow Management – Reports to spot trends, prepare for the future and tackle any organization’s cash flow problems.
Global Financial Analytics Leader Shipra heads the Financial Planning and Analytics (FP&A) practice at Fractal. A leading practitioner in the industry with over 14 years of experience, she has worked across CPG, Energy, OEMs, Tech, and Telecom. Her core expertise lies in evangelizing and developing programs and capabilities around financial planning & forecasting. Her strengths include working capital optimization, pricing & margin analytics, treasury and forex, global controllership, and cash flow management. In the last 3-4 years, she has been driving financial digital transformation at Fortune 500 companies. She works closely with CFOs and finance executives to build integrated financial systems, leveraging cloud computing and AIML techniques.
Global Financial Analytics Leader
Shipra heads the Financial Planning and Analytics (FP&A) practice at Fractal. A leading practitioner in the industry with over 14 years of experience, she has worked across CPG, Energy, OEMs, Tech, and Telecom. Her core expertise lies in evangelizing and developing programs and capabilities around financial planning & forecasting. Her strengths include working capital optimization, pricing & margin analytics, treasury and forex, global controllership, and cash flow management.
In the last 3-4 years, she has been driving financial digital transformation at Fortune 500 companies. She works closely with CFOs and finance executives to build integrated financial systems, leveraging cloud computing and AIML techniques.