The COVID Retail Playbook: Mitigate disruption from COVID-19
Intelligence for store operations during lockdown
- Epidemiological models to identify risk of infection to frontline staff
- Store traffic management, early warning for hazards and choke points
- Trial Run: Merchandise management for essential categories
Behavioral science interventions for social distancing and safety
- Establish behavioral norms that help slow the spread, are easy to implement and have large reach
- Nudge to drive voluntary participation and responsible behavior by shoppers
- Data to identify hot-spots and high product-browsing aisles, and behavioral science to drive required norms
COVID-19 adjusted demand forecasting
- Store level forecasts, adjusted for stock up, increased consumption
- Online customer demand; returns prediction
- Anomaly detection
Efficient product supply
- Real time monitoring, predictive and prescriptive maintenance of plant and machinery
- Ship on workbench: Risk mitigation for outbound shipping during COVID-19 ship
- Donate/Destroy/Trigger promo optimization for near end life products
- Working capital & cash flow projections
- Available investment for SKU support
- Instrument valuation and hedging
Integrated business performance from the home office
- Enable executives to self serve and make data based decisions from home with human centric design and cognitive tools
Retail: Inflection point data & analytics
Retail is at an inflection point, making it clear that the consumer shopping experience is in for a big change. Here, we explore how data & analytics will play to sustain and flourish in the “New Normal” retail experience.
COVID-19 accelerates digital transformation in the enterprise world
Explore the new ways of digital workspaces of the post COVID-19 world and measures to change business functions.
2 min. read
A retailer targets offers to increase redemption revenue by 230%
A 360-degree customer view enables retargeting campaigns with personalized promotions.
The Big Picture A leading specialty retailer wanted to better understand its customer base to design more personalized and relevant pricing and promotions. Additionally, the company identified its localized store...
1 min. read
Use AI to enhance customer experience and drive digital sales
A retailer used an AI framework to improve digital journeys, driving up sales by more than 25%.
The Big Picture For most legacy brick-and-clicks that sell mid to high complexity products, conversions on digital continue to remain sluggish, and businesses face a high degree of customer drop-off, cart abandonment,...
2 min. read
Run systematic remodeling experiments to optimize retail store sales
A specialty retailer ran experiments to boost lift and prioritize store remodeling efforts.
The Big Picture A store remodeling exercise is a significant investment, sometimes ranging into millions of dollars. Additionally, at times, store operations need to be put on hold for a few days, which further impacts...
- Consulting, design and delivery of large analytics engagements.
- Expertise in driving marketing effectiveness, price & promo strategy, business intelligence and digital transformation
- Cross-industry exposure: CPG, Retail, Tech
- Help organizations realize scaled top/bottom line impact from analytics
- Expertise in scaling test & learn CoE for rapid business experimentation
- Areas of interest: Retail store operations, order fulfilment optimization
Amitabh Bose (Ambo)
Chief Practice Officer
- Thought leader, digital transformation in CPG and retail industry
- Guide solution design and client value realization for industry practices
- Coach and mentor