The COVID Retail Playbook: Mitigate disruption from COVID-19
Intelligence for store operations during lockdown
- Epidemiological models to identify risk of infection to frontline staff
- Store traffic management, early warning for hazards and choke points
- Trial Run: Merchandise management for essential categories
Behavioral science interventions for social distancing and safety
- Establish behavioral norms that help slow the spread, are easy to implement and have large reach
- Nudge to drive voluntary participation and responsible behavior by shoppers
- Data to identify hot-spots and high product-browsing aisles, and behavioral science to drive required norms
COVID-19 adjusted demand forecasting
- Store level forecasts, adjusted for stock up, increased consumption
- Online customer demand; returns prediction
- Anomaly detection
Efficient product supply
- Real time monitoring, predictive and prescriptive maintenance of plant and machinery
- Ship on workbench: Risk mitigation for outbound shipping during COVID-19 ship
- Donate/Destroy/Trigger promo optimization for near end life products
- Working capital & cash flow projections
- Available investment for SKU support
- Instrument valuation and hedging
Integrated business performance from the home office
- Enable executives to self serve and make data based decisions from home with human centric design and cognitive tools
Decisions, Decisions… How to Choose an Analytics Tool
AI and analytics are shaping a whole new world of simplistic problem solving for business, and it boils down to choosing the right analytics tool. Don Vadakan from Fractal, along with fellow experts from the industry, shares his experiences in this insightful podcast
Retail: Inflection point data & analytics
Retail is at an inflection point, making it clear that the consumer shopping experience is in for a big change. Here, we explore how data & analytics will play to sustain and flourish in the “New Normal” retail experience.
COVID-19 accelerates digital transformation in the enterprise world
Explore the new ways of digital workspaces of the post COVID-19 world and measures to change business functions.
Preparing CPG companies, retailers and marketplaces for holiday events in uncertain times
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are very different this time. Consumer choices have changed. Find how CPG and retailers are all set for this changed consumer in the post pandemic world.
4 min. read
How AI enabled a Fortune 500 company to improve its customer care interactions and operational...
Find how Fractal helped this Fortune 500 company improve its customer care interactions and operational performance by up to 20% by AI enabled strategies. The solution was based on automated cloud-based NLP solution to tag all incoming omnichannel, multilingual customer interactions – voice, chat, email, and social media.
The Big Picture Our client, a Fortune 500 specialty retailer with over 400 stores worldwide and >1Mn annual incoming customer contact volume, was facing challenges in identifying, recording, and analyzing customer's...
4 min. read
Enabling dynamic order fulfilment with inventory optimization
Find how one of the biggest US sporting goods company optimized its inventory and improved the speed-to customers with timely delivery, reducing fulfilment costs using Fractal’s inventory optimization solution.
The Big Picture One of the biggest US sporting goods company wanted to understand the inventory placement in the network with ever-increasing complexities of retail fulfilment for BOPIS and e-commerce orders. With...
2 min. read
A retailer targets offers to increase redemption revenue by 230%
A 360-degree customer view enables retargeting campaigns with personalized promotions.
The Big Picture A leading specialty retailer wanted to better understand its customer base to design more personalized and relevant pricing and promotions. Additionally, the company identified its localized store...
1 min. read
Use AI to enhance customer experience and drive digital sales
A retailer used an AI framework to improve digital journeys, driving up sales by more than 25%.
The Big Picture For most legacy brick-and-clicks that sell mid to high complexity products, conversions on digital continue to remain sluggish, and businesses face a high degree of customer drop-off, cart abandonment,...
2 min. read
Run systematic remodeling experiments to optimize retail store sales
A specialty retailer ran experiments to boost lift and prioritize store remodeling efforts.
The Big Picture A store remodeling exercise is a significant investment, sometimes ranging into millions of dollars. Additionally, at times, store operations need to be put on hold for a few days, which further impacts...
Amit GuptaClient Partner
- Consulting, design and delivery of large analytics engagements.
- Expertise in driving marketing effectiveness, price & promo strategy, business intelligence and digital transformation
- Cross-industry exposure: CPG, Retail, Tech
Manish MahajanPrincipal Consultant
- Help organizations realize scaled top/bottom line impact from analytics
- Expertise in scaling test & learn CoE for rapid business experimentation
- Areas of interest: Retail store operations, order fulfilment optimization